Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Stamping and Scrapbooking Fair



I spent the entire day at the Stamping and Scrapbooking Fair on Sunday. Had a great time. I wandered all the stalls, which took me to lunch time then I did a class with Michelle Perry which was to make a mini-album. The inside pages are all made of envelopes and tags. I'm halfway through embellishing and decorating but it's got many tags so it will take a while. A good way to use lots of photo's too.




I see that Kaisercraft have flooded the scrapping market with their Off the Page products. I bought an 'open' album, which is 5 MDF plaques that can be strung together with ribbons and hung on the wall. I'm looking forward to getting started on that. But I bought an MDF bin knowing it wasn't big enough for my scrap scraps I decided to make it for Stephanie to put her shoes in. I did it last night and she said it looked lovely this morning, so I put her shoes in it. Then she took all her shoes out and put Mr Potato Head in there instead. When I told her Mr Potato Head already had a home and put him back in his home and put the shoes back in the bin, she decided she didn't like the bin anymore......guess that wasn't a very good strategic move on my part. But I have come to a solution - I'll make another bin for Mr Potato Head. She said she'd be very happy with that and would like both bins if I did that.




Went to her speech therapy today and Stephanie refused to do any of the picture card games. In fact she showed her objection by sticking her fingers in her ears when the therapist was talking. There's nothing you can do, so our next session isn't for some time, at the end of October after her 4th birthday. It's a shame really, because some of her sentence structure is quite far behind. There's some areas that she either doesn't have or just has got the grasp of and the benchmark is for the average to have accomplished it at 2 - 2.5 years. I think there was another area that would normally be perfected by the age of 3 and she's only just starting. For instance, she'll be 4 soon but does not use the words "why?" "who?" instead if she's asking a question she'll say, "Dis be?" Or say, "You be busy?" Instead of "Are you busy?"




3 comments:

Lea Adcock said...

Love the OTP bin for shoes its gorgeous Lynn. Might have to make one myself.

Lea x

Anonymous said...

Looks great Lynn! So does the blog! So nice to see you both! Stephanie looks so cute in your boots!!

Karen said...

Lynn she will get there and I know there is nothing you can do if they don't want to learn or hear anything been there a long time ago with Marcus

She will get there but it will take time as long as she can cope at school it should be a problem and when she does go to school she may get better because the other children will be talking to do her and this will teach her things ...thats what happen with Marcus and now you can't shut him up